IB Diploma Outline
Over the course of the two-year programme, IB Diploma candidates
- study six subjects chosen from the six subject groups
- complete an independent extended essay of 4000 words (EE)
- follow a theory of knowledge course (TOK)
- participate in creativity, action, service (CAS).
The six subject groups are Language, Second Language, Individuals and Societies, Experimental Sciences, Mathematics and the Arts.
IB Subjects offered:
- three of the six subjects are studied at the higher level (courses representing 240 teaching hours)
- the remaining three subjects are studied at standard level (courses representing 150 teaching hours).
(subjects offered at both HL and SL unless otherwise indicated)Group 1
: Language A:
English Literature, English Language & Literature
Dutch Language & Literature
Language A tutorials in other languagesGroup 2
: Language B
Dutch, French, German, Spanish. Language Ab Initio
Spanish and German.Group 3 :
History (Europe), Psychology, Economics HL, Information Technology for a Global Society SLGroup 4
: Biology, Chemistry HL, Physics, Environmental Science & Society SL, Computer Science SLGroup 5 :
Math HL, Math SL, and Math Studies SLGroup 6
: Music, Theater Arts, Visual Arts