Latest update: September 24, 2020
During this time of change, many in our community have questions and concerns about learning at ASH and we hope to address some of these here. Conditions, regulations, and protocols change regularly and without warning in times of crisis. We will update this section as quickly as possible clearly listing the date of our latest update.
- *Updated: Do students and staff have to wear masks at ASH?
- *Updated: What happens if someone tests positive for COVID-19?
- Updated: What are the symptoms of COVID-19 and when must I stay home
- Can my child or a staff member come to school if they only have a runny nose?
- Who will notify me if I or my child have come into contact with someone at ASH who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- How does ASH communicate during this period of time?
- What happens if I think I or one of my family needs a COVID-19 test?
- What is ASH doing to protect students’ and staff health and safety?
- Does ASH follow official health authority guidelines?
- How should I talk to my children about COVID-19?
- Are the ASH classrooms properly ventilated?
- Who is allowed on campus?
- Am I allowed to cheer on my child during athletic training or competition?
- Am I required to quarantine upon my return to the Netherlands at the end of October break?
- Does ASH have a plan in place if the Dutch Government closes on-campus access for some ages or all students?
- How does social distancing work on campus?
- Why should I practice social distancing?
- Is the Cafeteria open? How are you managing social distancing?
- Can my child bring treats to school to share?
- Do music lessons continue?
- Do P.E. lessons continue?
- Have any decisions been made regarding in-school events taking place in the 2020 - 2021 school year?
- Are After School Activities impacted in any way?
- Do school trips in the Netherlands take place as usual?
- Have any decisions been made regarding international school events for the 2020-2021 school year?
- Will any of the overseas school trips take place?
- Is the ASH bus service be running? If so, what safety measures are in place for students?
- What if my children don’t use the bus? How does pickup and drop-off work?
- How can I stay healthy?
- What to do if I am worried?
THE ASH MISSION
We build a better world as we become better human beings, hear and value every voice, keep every promise, and celebrate every achievement.
THE ASH VISION
We are determined to create a school where everyone is confident and able to take control of their own learning, and the world is our classroom.