You are an experienced and certified educator. Forward-thinking, your practice aligns with the ACE Learning Principles, which are designed to change schools into reflective learning communities. You understand the need for a conducive eco-system for effective learning to occur.
You believe that:
- Learning is best through an interdisciplinary approach.
- Learning includes authentic, real-world issues and practical situations.
- Learners grow in knowledge, skills and dispositions.
- Growth is more important than achievement.
- Learning promotes students’ intrinsic motivations and passion for learning.
- Developing good questions is as important as answering correctly.
- Learners are encouraged to see things from multiple perspectives as global citizens.
- Mistakes are encouraged as opportunities for learning.
- Students direct their own learning.
- Flexible use of space and time accommodates a range of learning experiences.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, ASH holds itself to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.