American School of The Hague's strong reputation of excellence is based on exceptionally qualified staff who, in addition to their strong commitment to teaching and dedication to students, take an active role in sponsoring co-curricular clubs and activities.
ASH generally hires experienced, certificated teachers, preferably with a fifth year of academic preparation (i.e. bachelors degree plus 30 credits or a masters degree) with at least two years of teaching experience. ASH seeks forward thinking, technologically adept teachers who are versed in a student-centered approach to instruction and who are familiar with an American based curriculum in a multicultural, international school environment.
We welcome your interest in the school. For an overview of our current vacancies and to submit your online CV and motivation letter, please click at Jobs@ASH
You can also register with our job agent tool
in order to receive alerts when new vacancies are posted that match your search criteria.
Applicants who have registered with CIS, Search or ISS can indicate this in the application and can suffice with filling out a limited number of fields.
|Working At ASH – Teacher Expectations|
American School of the Hague prides itself on being a learning community. Those working at ASH, and those who wish to join our learning community, are expected to support the school’s mission and vision, which in practice includes:
- Putting students’ interests first (and foremost) in all decisions.
- Planning and delivering differentiated instruction (drawing on support from specialist colleagues) for a wide range of students, from those needing additional challenge to second-language learners to students with moderate and (potentially in the future) severe learning difficulties.
- Using technology to develop curriculum and enhance instruction, integrating its use in the classroom for student growth and learning.
- Interest in supporting the co- and extra-curricular activities (clubs, sports, fine arts, etc.) that broaden our students and allow them out-of-class opportunities to develop their talents holistically.
- Continually seeking professional development opportunities—including advanced degree study, regional conferences, specialized workshops, accreditation visits, and small-group study—aligned with school goals and individual goals as identified through the formative evaluation process.
- Sharing professional development learnings with team and division colleagues through presentations, in-house workshops; etc.
- Building on an American approach to instruction (close student-teacher relationships; appreciation for differences; balance of academics, arts, and athletics) to meet the needs of an international, multi-cultural student population.
- Establishing a three-sided partnership of student, parent, and teacher for success.
- Engaging in frequent communication with parents and students about student development, including the use of email conferences, online progress comments, and electronic grading programs.
- Working in collaborative learning teams by grade level and subject to plan curriculum, instruction, and assessment both by individual subject and by interdisciplinary themes.
- Teaching and assessing the agreed-upon ASH curriculum (in other words, embracing the school’s collective and shared curricular programs and initiatives rather than relying solely on individual preferences from previous positions or modifying the ASH curriculum to suit personal needs or desires).
- Building a sense of community responsibility through the integration of service learning activities in the curriculum itself and outside the school.
- Assuming a shared responsibility with parents and students for the personal and social development of our students.
- Maintaining a positive, solution-oriented attitude to support an upbeat and
- Constructive working environment for your colleagues.
- Knowledge in crafting and mapping out units of study.
- Exhibiting a healthy sense of humor!
Search for Jobs and Register Your Interest
|Register with us. You can submit and update your CV, and will be notified of relevant vacancies.|
You might also be interested in: