The mission of the High School Student Ambassador Program is to guide new students and families transition into our "A Safe Harbor
" (from "hallo" to "tot ziens”) through ASH’s core values -- communication, empathy, respect, responsibility, and integrity.
Our Vision: We envision both parents and students, new and veteran, coming together from different nationalities, different beliefs, and different backgrounds, acknowledging values and principles, working collaboratively to build a supportive community, not only within ASH, but also within Dutch culture.
- To form a well-rounded team of Ambassadors
- To hold a informative, useful, and fun Orientation Week
- To pair each new student with a compatible ambassador
- To see that each student finds a form of integration
- To provide mid-year students with extra care
- To acknowledge leavers
- To guide the rising Freshman class up through a "Step-Up" day
- To represent the American School of the Hague as a unique, hospitable community and uphold its core values: communication, empathy, responsibility, integrity, and respect.